“WAS THAT A MOVIE TRAILER OR A CAR COMMERCIAL?”
Greetings once again, true believers! The final days of January saw a bunch of fabulous news fire off, plus that shiny new Fantastic Four reboot now has a trailer. Let’s not waste a second more and get straight to the good stuff:
- Mehcad Brooks is going to be taking up Jimmy Olsen’s camera for CBS’ Supergirl pilot. What do our heroes think of the choice to play Superman’s pal? And can Supergirl hope to defeat the one-note ‘80s villain “Lumberjack”? (Totally a real villain, we swear!)
- David Tennant is entering the Marvel universe as Zebediah Killgrave in A.K.A. Jessica Jones. Will the Doctor make a good addition to the MCU?
- Josh Trank’s Fantastic Four is revealed! Have Max and Alex been won over by the new direction? (Or is it a veiled attempt at selling cars?)
- A heaping helping of Arrow/Flash discussion. With tons of new reveals on The Flash and the second chapter of Arrow’s “Brick” saga, our heroes had a ton to talk about.
- Also: puns, so many puns…
That’s it for this week, and what a week it was. Ink Tank shall return next week to discuss the end of the “Brick” trilogy on Arrow, as well as add a new show to our discussion lineup: Agent Carter! It’ll be tons of pulpy, vintage action. Don’t miss it! Until then, keep it cool true believers.
Note: The following podcast contains EXPLICIT language and discussion of Arrow and The Flash. SPOILER ALERT!
Trade of the Week: Fantastic Four, Vol. 1 by Jonathan Hickman with art by Dale Eaglesham. See the FF’s last reinvention with the beginning chapter of Jonathan Hickman’s acclaimed run with Marvel’s first family.
Are you looking forward to David Tennant in a Marvel series? Are you sold on Fox’s Fantastic Four reboot? Talk amongst yourselves in the letters column below or email us at email@example.com.
The Night Of: “The Call of the Wild” Review
Vice Principals: “The Foundation of Learning” Review
The Night Of: “Ordinary Death” Review
Joe Hill’s ‘The Fireman’ Review
How Speedrunning Changed My Perception of Games
Vice Principals: “Circles” Review
The Night Of: “Samson and Delilah” Review
‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Review
Vice Principals: “Run for the Money” Review
The Night Of: “The Season of the Witch” Review