“SUPERMAN LOOKS LIKE A BOUNCER AT A TERRIBLE NIGHTCLUB.”
Welcome back to Ink Tank, everyone! Arrow and The Flash remain on hiatus, but luckily we’ve got a huge pile of Powers to tide us over. So enough of our galactic grandstanding, here’s what you’ll find in this magnificent marvel of an episode:
- The first Star Wars spin-off has a name: Star Wars: Rogue One. Will Max see his dream of Top Gun in space come to light? If so, they’d better have volleyball scenes.
- The Batman v. Superman debate continues. The defendant would like to make it known that “He is Batman.”
- Daredevil’s creative team is revealed, and it’s full of comic writers.
- Tomorrowland has its first trailer, and it’s looking very BioShock-y.
- The Justice League’s comic incarnation has gotten new costumes. What do our heroes think of the new direction?
- Max and Alex finally tear into the long-awaited adaptation of Powers. Does PlayStation’s first original series hold up?
Note: The following podcast contains EXPLICIT language and discussion of Arrow and The Flash. SPOILER ALERT!
That’s it for this week, folks! Come back soon for a return to Flash and Arrow coverage as well as more Powers. Until then, keep it cool, true believers.
Trade of the Week: Sex Criminals Vol. 1: One Weird Trick by Matt Fraction with art by Chip Zdarsky. Read the next big comics-to-TV adaptation by checking out Matt Fraction’s wonderfully weird tale of bank robbers who can stop time by making love.
The Night Of: “The Call of the Wild” Review
Vice Principals: “The Foundation of Learning” Review
The Night Of: “Ordinary Death” Review
Joe Hill’s ‘The Fireman’ Review
How Speedrunning Changed My Perception of Games
Vice Principals: “Circles” Review
The Night Of: “Samson and Delilah” Review
‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Review
Vice Principals: “Run for the Money” Review
The Night Of: “The Season of the Witch” Review